VentureHow’s customizable Excel VBA template for Payroll software evaluation enables you to a) customize and define categories, selection criteria and evaluation parameters, including weights b) pick any set of payroll software/services providers to evaluate c) add one or more evaluators and c) score each platform on the same set of criteria so as to shortlist and select the right solution.
For a small business, reaching the milestone of having a payroll is indeed a big step. And given how complicated managing payroll can be, it is imperative to find a cost effective, easy to use, feature rich Payroll software/services provider.
Are you in the market to evaluate Small Business Payroll Software/Services providers? Now choosing between a plethora of providers in a crowded market replete with information clutter is not an easy task. That’s where VentureHow Payroll software/services provider evaluation matrix comes in.
So what is it and what does it do?
VentureHow Payroll software/services provider evaluation matrix is an Excel VBA Spreadsheet. The key features are:
Customizable – every field and every word
Ability to define Categories, subcategories and criteria
Assign evaluation parameters and their numerical value
Have multiple evaluators (or just one if you are the boss man)
Determine category weights and subcategory weights (which of course are changeable)
Enter up to 10 competing platforms for a multi-dimensional analysis
Slice the data and analyze from multiple perspectives
The payroll software evaluation matrix comes with default categories and criteria. Of course, each one of these can be modified or you may add additional criteria.
Sneak Peek: What’s inside the Tool?
I’m convinced the Evaluation Matrix is right for me
How do I get the information about the prospective providers?
Typically, you can try these four options or a combination thereof to gather information about the providers:
- Sign up for free trials and keep track of your experience and enter the information
- Find a trusted review site and pick some of the information they provide
- Ask your peers and friends about their experience
- Of course, issue an RFP to a select group of providers (assuming your company’s payroll volume interests the providers)
Nuts and Bolts
Who should buy the template?
- Prospective entrepreneurs
- Small business owners
- Executives of midsize firms
When to use the Template?
- If you’ve just started a payroll for your business
- Or if you are unhappy with your current payroll software/solution provder
How to use the template?
- Start with the out of the box categories, criteria and scoring parameters and customize to your needs
- Decide how many evaluators would weigh in
- Determine which products you are going to evaluate
- Score the competing products objectively and personally.
- Compare, shortlist and select the right solution
Why use a Template?
- Don’t just bank on gutfeel, do a thorough and independent analysis of payroll software/services providers
- Save time and effort in creating the evaluation framework. Rather expend the energy in evaluating the platforms.
- Once you buy the template, by changing the specific categories and criteria as well as the products, you can apply similar structure to your other buying decisions.
What are the Terms?
- No returns as it is a digital product
- Sold on as-is basis and no warranties
- No implementation help or support